MGU is committed to
looking for environmentally friendly ways to serve the growing need for energy. Our
environmental principles guide our everyday actions, helping us create energy
solutions for a sustainable tomorrow.
As principles to guide our actions, we:
- Include environmental factors as an integral part of planning and operating decisions.
- Recognize the contribution every employee can make to improve our environmental performance and encourage employees to become environmental stewards.
- Communicate and reinforce environmental values throughout our company.
- Practice responsible environmental stewardship of all properties and natural resources entrusted to our management.
- Minimize adverse environmental impacts of operations by: meeting or surpassing environmental standards, investing in energy efficiency measures, and supporting our recycling and waste reduction programs.
- Support research and implement new technologies for emissions control, energy efficiency, renewable energy resources, and other environmental and health concerns associated with utility operations.
- Accept accountability for our operations by responding to environmental incidents quickly and effectively, and promptly informing appropriate parties.
- Provide public participation opportunities and welcome communication from stakeholders on environmental issues; and continue to foster constructive working relationships with environmental organizations, community leaders, media and government agencies.
- Participate with government and others in creating responsible laws and regulations to safeguard the environment, community and workplace.
- Commit employee and management resources to support and implement these principles.
- Periodically review performance to ensure that programs and practices are consistent with these principles.